Friday, June 13, 2008

COSTA RICA

Dustin and I just got back from the beautiful country of Costa Rica. Wow... that place is beautiful. I don't think I've seen so many green trees and plants in my life. The view from our room was amazing. We landed in Costa Rica at about 6:30pm and after customs and the two hour bus ride to the resort we arrived. On the way to our room I looked over the balcony to see what was below and a frog just about jumped on my face. The clock in the room said it was 10:45pm (or so we thought) so we unloaded our stuff and headed to the restaurant before it closed. After dinner we walked around the pool to check out our surroundings. We were walking along and a kudimundi ran in front of us! Dustin just about burst with excitement. We spent a good half hour chasing that thing around the pool area. We returned to our room at about 12:30 (or so we thought) exhausted and ready for bed.

Dustin's sister Karrisa and her husband Kurtis came to Costa Rica also, the next day we met up with them and went to the city of Jaco to eat and do some shopping. We ate at a restaurant that had huge delicious smoothies. There were kids dressed up dancing in the streets and playing music, fun to watch. On our way back to the resort it was getting late (or so we thought), Dustin and I were talking about how late we went to bed and that we didn't wake up until 10:30am. Come to find out, we had been a whole two hours ahead of the real time, our alarm clock in the room was set two hours ahead. Luckily it was ahead and not behind.

Every night we went somewhere else for dinner and ate something different. The food and desserts weren't all that great (a lot of fish and I'm not a fan). The virgin pina coloda's were very yummy though. And the nachos at the pool bar were probably the best food we had.

We went on two excursions, one a zip line tour through the rain forest. We saw a gigantic spider, a monkey, a waterfall, huge ants, iguanas and a great view. I highly recommend it, a feeling like none other, such a blast, by the end I completely let go of all the equipment and let the cables fly me through the air. The second excursion was a horse back ride through the rain forest, Dustin's dream of being a cowboy came true for two hours. We saw monkey's, beautiful plants and trees, cattle, lots of mud and at the end we stopped to eat lunch and had kudimundi eating from our hands, a highlight of our trip for sure. Oh, I almost forgot, we also saw crocodiles on our way to the airport to go home.

We enjoyed lazing by the pool and enjoying the weather, very humid though, not what we are used to, I would do my hair and it would be a frizball in an hour. It was nice to be with Dustin just him and I enjoying each other and feeling like we were kids again. Thanks for a great trip Dustin, all that hard work really pays off.

5 comments:

Castle Family said...

Crazy, my bro and sis-in-law are in Costa Rica until tomorrow (since Monday)! I wonder if you guys ever ran into them without knowing...

Jenn said...

Ooh, I'm jealous. I've wanted to go there since Mel lived there. Looks like a paradise! And I bet I would LOVE all that fish. :) Looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous place. sounds like you had so much fun. hilarious about the frog, nasty spider, love the zip line, great jumping on bed shots and funny drink menu! what a fun trip!

Mauzy Fam said...

Yep - JEALOUS!!! I really wanna do a zip line like that someday! Glad you guys had fun.

Shepherds said...

Oh I can't wait to go to Aspen with you guys! Kurtis best work hard this year! :)