Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flashback & Flashforward

Flashback: My sisters and I were in my closet looking for some clothes to wear for a family picture we are getting in a couple weeks. As we were looking through things I saw my wedding dress. I have not put it on since our wedding. So I thought "I wonder if it still fits?" I had to try it on to see, and it DID! (notice Kenley in the bottom left of the picture)


Flash forward: Kenley just had to try it on also! Wow, I know it's a long ways away but I instantly flashed forward 15 years and saw my little girl in her own wedding dress. Ahhhhh! She even said when I had the dress on "Mom that's the dress you wore when you got married, and when I get married, I'm gonna wear it too." I wanted to say, "Nope, you're gonna stay my little girl forever."

Well little miss that exciting day will come for you soon enough, but for now you are still my little girl.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenley Benley... That dress needs to be vaccum sealed and locked up because boys arent gonna be in the picture for a long time! Im going outside to look for a big stick right now. You do look cute as heck in that dress though and your Mom still has it to. Love ya both,
Dad

Van and Rhonda said...

Amy and Kenly ~ you both look darling in that dress! I had NO doubt Amy that the dress would still fit you. Kenly you look so pretty in mom's dress. But you just have to wait until you are older and some handsome man can take you to the temple :) Your nannie loves you both!

{jennifer} said...

Ahh, Kenley looks so cute and so excited! I am going to miss being her primary teacher for sure! Kuddos to you for it still fitting! I don't even want to try mine on, it would be so depressing!

Shepherds said...

I'm jealous! And so happy for you! Kenley looks so cute! But its to sooon for that! She is my little niece and she needs to stay little!!

Anonymous said...

yea, let's not go there. 15 yrs will fly by way too fast. crazy. well i know MY wedding dress is not fitting ME at the current moment..... :)

Tom & Lindsey said...

Kenley looks so cute in that dress. My sister-in-law put her daughter in her wedding dress when she was 10 and had professional pictures taken. You should do that, it would be soo cute.

Jill Wright said...

Amy,
Kenley is so grown up now--it's been way too long since we've seen you guys. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the vinyl--yes, you can get it anytime you need. Just call me 480-361-8252.
CJ is my cousin--how do you guys know them?

Kari said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun mother-daughter activity! You look fabulous btw! Of course you fit in your dress, you skinny! Kenley looks so pretty in your dress! I bet you CAN and CANT wait for the future!

Kelly said...

Cute Pics Amy!! You guys are the funnest family!! I love Dustins comment, he just needs to put his gun case by the front door for when those boys start coming over!! But that goes for you to miss sharp shooter! :) -Kelly

lh said...

Amy, I can't believe it... Zoe did the same thing. I didn't try my dress on for fear of the disappointment but Zoe did try it on. This is too funny!