Thursday, July 10, 2008

One of my Favorites

Before I start this post I have to apologize for the slide show. I know I have been using a lot of them lately and they really aren't my favorite. But it's the easiest way to put in a lot of pictures. And we have been up to alot.
Okay now I can post. One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July! I love the fireworks, the clothes, and the spirit that is the 4th of July! This year we went to the cabin, my favorite place to be on the 4th. We go to the firework show in Heber, the best I have ever seen. We had fun with Dustin's family minus two brothers due to a brand new baby and two in the oven (twins yea!). Niki and Clayton also came up with us, my brother TJ and family and my sister Tamra and family went up North to camp and we saw them in Heber at the show. It was great to be surrounded by family.
We spent some time at the pond by the cabin, Tatum loves the water and even brought us a fish. Caden and Brock had so much fun catching bugs in their bug catcher and the girls picked flowers for mom. The weather was beautiful, makes you wonder why you live in the smoldering hot valley. We spent most daylight hours out side enjoying it. The boys rode their quad, Brock wore the helmet that Dustin wore when he was his age. The hammock was a huge hit also, very relaxing.
On Monday everyone left except our little family. Dustin wanted to show the kiddos one of his favorite places so we took a ride down to the picnic spot to "shoot rocks". Brock got his first "rock" and Kenley found out the true meaning of "shooting rocks". The kids found some writings on the rocks and loved being way up high. Brock also picked up his first crawdad, something I did all the time when I was younger. We had a great time and didn't want to leave... but Clay got his mission call and we wouldn't miss seeing him open it in person!

7 comments:

lh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

You got some really beautiful pictures of your kids. Looks so relaxing too. And I like the slideshows!

Van and Rhonda said...

I love the slideshows and want to learn how to do it! Miss Rachel gave me a quick lesson but you know me!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the pictures of the kids but one of my favorites is Embry asleep! She looks so precious and the one of Brody and Kenley looking on at Brocks bug he has in his hand! Just LOOK at Brody's face! Oh my gosh I have good looking grandkids!

THE MAXWELL"S said...

Your family is adorable. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

cute pics. what fun. the picnic spot is one of corry's fave places too. we wish we could have been there! glad it was fun and the weather was perfect!

{jennifer} said...

Hey! It is fun that you found my blog off Angie's (so I am a little slow at responding back:) It is fun to catch up with your cute little family and I love having Kenley in my Primary class!

Jill Wright said...

Hey guys! We finally made it to your blog--after you left a comment on ours, for some reason, I couldn't get back to yours. Anyway, you have SO many cute pictures! It looks like you guys have WAY too much fun. We had Tom and Lindsay over on Sunday, and we may be going to Rocky Point with you all in October! I noticed you have my cousin CJ and his wife Lisa on your links. What's the connection there-small world!