Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching Up

We have been doing so much playing, I haven't had any time for blogging. So it's catch up time... First I have to try out this video thing and show you all my very favorite part of the last three weeks! At my Larson Family Reunion every year we have a talent show, this year Dustin decided to participate, a huge shock to me. I was so excited that he wanted to share one of his talents with my family. If anyone knows Dustin they know he doesn't willingly perform. He loves to play his guitar, sing, dance and be silly at home...but only in front of us. So, you can imagine my jaw hitting the floor when he said he was going to perform at our annual talent show. Here's is what he did... (don't forget to pause the music)

I love it every time I hear him sing it, what a cutie! The family reunion was a blast, we spent our time at the zoo, eating, swimming, watching KungFu Panda, eating, swimming, showing off our talents, and eating some more. I look forward to the Larson reunion every year, we always have a great time and make memories to last a lifetime. This year one of my favorite things was the painting of the fingernails and toenails. Last year my cousin Ashley lost her long battle with cancer the day after our reunion. We were able to spend a wonderful last reunion with her and she came with her toenails painted a bright blue. So this year all the girls painted their finger and toenails that same bright blue color in her memory. Dustin even painted his toenails (wish I would have got a picture), what a sweet heart.





After we got home from the reunion Dustin and I decided to take our kiddos to Arizona Grand Resort to play for the weekend. We felt that we had gone so many places without them this summer, so we wanted to spend some time together just our little family. We had a great time, lazin' by the pool, drinkin' lemonade, ordering "Room Service", relaxing in the lazy river, speeding down the water slides, surfing in the wave pool and enjoying each others company. Our room had a room with two queen beds and a family room area with a pull out bed. Well Dustin had the "Grand" idea to let the kids have the two queen beds and we would take the pull-out sofa bed, he said we could close the door and have a room to ourselves. Well I slept all weekend with a spring in my back and came home with major lower back pain, anything to make our kiddos comfortable. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and left from there to go to church on Sunday! What a fun weekend! Thanks for all the fun memories. I love you guys!

9 comments:

Van and Rhonda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics with us and by the way Amy what happened to Brody's chin (AGAIN)? The pictures are darling and I need some tips on blogging because I have a hard time everytime I go into blog!! We love you guys, MOM

Shepherds said...

Gotta say I just LOVE MY Brother! That was some good sining I love it! :) Glad you all are having such an awesome summer!

Mauzy Fam said...

What a fun update. I'm glad you got a better video of Dustin singing because the one at the reunion is too dark. He did so good. The resort looks like lots of fun. We should plan a group family overnighter there next year. That would be fun.

Heidi said...

I love the song Dustin. You should make up another one playing the Ukulele. I remember how good you were, when we were little, at playing that thing.

Kelly said...

Hey Amy! Looks like you guys have been having a fun summer so far! Hope you have a great 4th of july weekend! Were is the Arizona grand resort? It looks like fun!! -Kelly

thebigcookiefam said...

I love room service!!!! The food is never that great but, there is something about calling from your hotel room and they bring it your door that makes it so fun!

Andy4eric said...

Just to let you know Dustin's performance was my absolute favorite! I was so shocked....which made it even funnier! Good job Dustin!

Ben & Rachel said...

I loved Dustin's song. I love that movie haha. You guys are cute I love your kids. Give my brodsters a kiss for me! See ya soon

Anonymous said...

hilarious dustin. we will look for you in the next season of american idol mexico. glad to know corry's not the only one that goes around singing random songs with strange accents.