Friday, December 5, 2008

The Greatest Man I Know


I just wanted to say THANK YOU to my sweet husband. He is so kind and helpful. This morning as I was getting ready for the day and he was making breakfast for the kiddos, the long list of things that he does to serve me and our family went running through my head. I wanted to write some of that list down so I will never forget.

He:

-makes our bed every morning so that I have one less thing to do
-gets the kids up and ready for school, makes them breakfast and sometimes even cleans the kitchen, all so that I can go to the gym
-mops the ENTIRE floor while I'm taking Kenley to gymnastics just to surprise me
-grocery shops for me when he sees there's a need
-makes time to talk to me each night so we're on the same page
-bathes little Em every night and gets her ready for bed, he has done this with all the kiddos
until they are old enough to bathe themselves
-is willing to pick up anything I ask on his way home from work
-works his booty off for our family and is always looking for ways to work harder
-climbs on the roof (even though he's afraid of heights) to hang Christmas lights for me the day
after Thanksgiving cause he knows how much I love this time of year and want to enjoy the decorations every second I can
-takes out the trash
-occasionally surprises me with flowers or a date or an outfit etc...



And now for the big duzzey:

Let's me take off for a night to San Diego on a girls overnighter with not one complaint, only a have a great time honey do you have enough money?


Thank you so much Dustin for all you do, I couldn't do it without you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I need to let Travis read this post! ;) Have fun in Cali!! You never comment on my blog! Im sad!

Anonymous said...

ah, so cute. what a good guy!

Van and Rhonda said...

He IS a great guy! Amy you are one lucky girl! We appreciate you too Dustin. We appreciate all you do for our daughter and grandkids. You are one awesome son-in-law!! We love you lots!

Heidi said...

Ah yes, sounds just like the Dustin I know and love!