Friday, August 24, 2007

Just a glimpse

Today Brock came home from school and this was our conversation:
Brock: Mom did you check my agenda?
Mom: No, Why?
Brock: Because these two people in Australia named their baby 4real.
Mom: What? Who told you that?
Brock: My Current Events teacher. The president of Australia told them that they can't name their baby a number, so they named him Superman instead.
Mom: (dieing laughing) Is this for real?
Brock: Yep, and she also told me that two people in China named their baby @, really the at sign on the computer, they named their baby that. (both of us really laughing now).
How wonderful is it to have a great conversation with your eight year old son about the things he learned at school. I am so excited to watch my kids grow and be able to carry on more conversations like this one with them. I got so much enjoyment out of a small moment in time. Thanks Brock for a great laugh today.

1 comment:

Clayton and Niki said...

That is awesome! Man, I love Brock!! You know why I think you're so great...because you actually appreciate the little things your kids do and say while a lot of moms take it for granted. When I babysit for you, I can't wait until you get home so I can tell you all the funny things they did because I know you'll get as big of a kick out of it as I did! Yours and Tamra's kids are what makes me want to be a mom! :)