Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"How about we keep this swimming thing a secret"


Okay, so I know that I have been posting a lot about what my kids have been saying to me lately, but I can't believe how funny they have been and how sweet also. Today I put Embry down for a nap and Brody and I went swimming. When we were walking back in the house he said,

Brod: "I really liked swimming with you today"
Me: "I know that was fun wasn't it?"
Brod: "Yep, lets do it again tomorrow"

It was so sweet but that was not the sweetest part. We came in the house and I was getting lunch ready and he said:

Brod: "Mom lets not tell the other kids that we went swimming today lets just tell them that we went in the sprinklers."
Mom: "Why Brody, that would be a lie."
Brod: "Well, how about we keep this swimming thing a secret"
Mom: "Why don't you want to tell the kids?"
Brod: "Cause they will be sad"

What a sweet boy, always thinking of others. I am so glad that I get to spend time with just him each day, he is so sweet and we have a great time together.

Okay while I was typing this he said something else so funny so I had to put it in:

(Brody holding a stem of grapes like a bouquet of flowers, eating lunch)
Brod: (not talking to anyone just saying it really quiet) "will you marry me? Will you marry me?"
Mom: "who are you asking to marry you?"
Brod: "you" (sly little smile)
Mom: "I would love to marry you, but I'm already married to daddy."
Brod: "Oh, no one's going to marry me"
Mom: "When you get home from your mission someone will"
Brod: "Hmm...I don't think I want to get married"

Brody you are the greatest, thanks for the laughs and such a fun day.

6 comments:

Melanie and Jarom said...

Brody- hilarious... Kenley ... so smart. I can't wait to be a real mom with lots of kiddos that make me laugh. (although I laugh at Lydi for everything she does)

Mauzy Fam said...

Freakin cute! I love that little Brody. He is such a sweet boy.

Clayton and Niki said...

Gotta love the Brodster...I could sit and listen to the stuff that comes out of that mouth all day long! :) Give him a hug from me...I miss him!

Anonymous said...

so cute. Those one on one moments are so special.

Shepherds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I always knew my nephew was a stud! :)