Saturday, December 26, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts

A couple years ago in the Johnson family we decided to have the kiddos exchange names for Christmas. They had to made their gifts and there was a $5 limit. There have been some pretty creative things made over the years. I love the tradition. This year I told my family about it and we decided to do the same.


When I was VTing earlier in the year I saw these adorable dolls and new I had to make them for my nieces and nephews. Some however are to big for dolls so I decided on capes. The kiddos help pick fabric, stuff and share ideas. I heard, "I want to sew," "why can't I pick what I want to make," "this is supposed to be our idea," "I didn't want to make this" and so much more." I think they turned out great...

but next year I think I'll let the kiddos pick what they want to make.

Capes for Brycee and Dallo (didn't get a pick of Dallo's before it was wrapped) Kate, Jake & Lily
Walker, Cash, Danielle & Ethyn

Caden got a duck tape wallet

the same thing he got last year

...OOPS!

If we get you next year Caden, we'll do better...

I promise

2 comments:

heather said...

they turned out so cute. thank you!!

Mamma Meg said...

So what can't you do? I mean really. These things are amazing.