Saturday, September 1, 2007

HE DID IT!


Last year, shortly after Brock turned 7, Dustin and I made a deal with him that if he could read the whole Book of Mormon we would buy him an XBox 360. He had been asking us for one and we didn't feel that we should just go out and buy him one, but that he should earn it. He was a year from being baptized and we felt that this would be a good goal for him. Well a year later he achieved his goal. He learned at the end that if he prays, Heavenly Father will let him know if the words he has read are true, he wants to do that tonight. What a great example to all of us, I am so proud of him. Not many 8 year olds can say that they have read the whole Book of Mormon. Way to go Brock! We love you!

5 comments:

Mary Taylor said...

I can't believe that!! I'm so impressed! I was seriously like 18 before I read it all the way through. Way to go Brock!

Mauzy Fam said...

Awesome Brock!! I knew you could do it and now you get your reward -keep reading and I'm know there will be many other rewards (maybe not so obvious. Have fun with the new Xbox

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brock. What a great accomplishment, just the beginnning of many others, I know you will make.
~Auntie Heather

Shepherds said...

Brocks the man! I'm so proud of him!!

Kari said...

congrats Brock. What a good example you are to your brother and sisters!