Sunday, October 21, 2007

DAD

So it's Sunday and I was thinking of all the things I am grateful for in my life. One thing that really stands out lately has been my parents! So I thought I would post the top five reasons why I am so grateful for them (Dad first). You know how this works right 5 goes first and you count down to the number one reason which is really #1 (like on Letterman).


5. His love for hunting. I am so grateful that he has a hobby that he can pass on to my children, something that they can go and enjoy with him as they get older.
4. His love for politics, I really don't have a love for them and if I ever need to know how to vote or why I should or shouldn't for a particular proposition, I can call and he will talk me through it.
3. His parenting style. I may not have agreed with it always when I was a kid but now that I have kids of my own I am grateful for how I was raised and the example I was given to raise my kiddos.
2. His love of the gospel. I know that if I ever have a question that is church related I can ask him and he will usually have the answer, but even if he doesn't before long he will. He always encouraged us to read and study the gospel growing up and I am grateful that he instilled that in me.
1. And the number one reason I am grateful for my Dad is... He was always there. He raised me like I was his very own, even though I don't share his blood. I never felt like I wasn't his, he cared for me, fed me, clothed me, loves me, and supports me just the same as if I was born to him.

Dad I love you, I am grateful for all you sacrificed for our family, for your hard work (to buy all my shoes), for your kindness, and most of all your unconditional Love!

1 comment:

Kari said...

what a great tribute to both your parents. They are lucky to have you!