Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Break

Okay, I'm a little late, it's almost been a week since the kids fall break! We had a great time enjoying a week of no school, no homework, no bedtime, movie night every night, sleeping in, and playing all day! Monday night our Daddy took us bowling and we had a blast. Kenley got the first strike of the night and her first strike ever. Embry was Dustin's lucky charm and helped him bowl every round. Brock really started to learn how to bowl and even created his own stance. For little Broder it was his first time bowling, but he didn't have any trouble getting the hang of it. We had so much fun and the kids can't wait to do it again.





Later in the week we went to Discovery Park and played with cousins. A nice cool drink from Sonic, great company and good weather (notice I didn't say great weather) made for a fun afternoon.




I can't forget to mention that we went to Jeapers (also with great company) and rode the roller coaster, bumper cars, monkey barrels, airplanes and safari jeeps. Of course I forgot my camera that day.

On Friday they each got their own Webkinz and began to care for them. My hope is that this will teach them some responsibility and help them understand a little bit more about money. I'll post more about later.

I hope you had a great fall break my little munchkins, I know I did. Now it's back to the routine and I miss our lazy days, but if you weren't at school how could I get any Christmas shopping done?

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We were out of town so I didn't even get to play with you. What is Discovery Park? I've never heard of it.

dustin and amy said...

Discovery park is that park on the corner of Greenfield and Pecos, with all the water. It doesn't have any toys really, only swings. So, you have to discover things to do.

Melanie and Jarom said...

Fun! I loved fall break too! I didn't have to work and I just sat around with Lydi lots. That pic of Dustin bowling with Embry made me smile- so cute.