Monday, April 28, 2008

TURKEY ANYONE?

This weekend I went turkey hunting. I was drawn when Dustin had only been married 3 or 4 years but haven't been since then. Dustin has put me in every year (except when I've been nursing a baby) and this year I got drawn. I wasn't super excited to go cause we are going to be traveling a lot this summer, but boy did I have a great time!!! Tenay and her brother were also drawn and we all camped together. I had so much fun just being with Dustin. We went out hunting early in the morning and both of us were freezing our pants off, laughing at each other cause we couldn't stop shaking. I remembered what it was like when we were dating and just newly married. It was beautiful up there, I enjoyed sitting on the back of the quad, while Dustin drove, watching the trees go by. What a beautiful world we have to live in and enjoy. We slept in a tent together for the first time in a long time. It was a nice, relaxing and very enjoyable trip. Tenay's brother even brought a satellite dish so they could watch the Suns game. I got a turkey and almost fell over with excitement, I don't know that Dustin has ever seen me that excited about hunting.


Dustin, I just want you to know that I loved hanging out with you this weekend and as much as I complain about going hunting I really do love it...when I get something (just kidding, sorta). I understand why you love to hunt and I'm glad you have something that you love so much. Thank you for taking me, keeping me warm, cooking my food and making sure I had a great time! I LOVE YOU!
Enjoy the pictures

5 comments:

jen said...

Hahaha, look at you! I have NEVER been hunting. Sounds like you had a great time though & look at Tenay out there! What a trooper!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Amy it looks like you had a blast. Bonding time with the hubby is always good. Love the outfit :) Diana Wright said "Shes so dang cute look at her she can wear anything and still look cute" Glad you had fun! Can't wait till Rocky Point! Love you MOM

Ben & Rachel said...

I think its awesome that you can hunt. I would be terrible at it, I'm too loud. haha. But yes I am loving it over here! And yes I will be at the reunion! I can't wait to see you guys! I miss my little brody buddy. I'll be sure to come with scissors in hand! ;)

Kari said...

Okay, you look TOO cute in camo! I really do love the outfit you wore! And I am so impressed you got a turkey! Way to go!

Castle Family said...

Where are you? I can't see you in ANY of these pictures! lol!