Monday, May 12, 2008

Just what I needed!


I took the opportunity to go to Women's Conference this year (May 1-2) with a group a friends from my old Windmill Ward. If I would have known what a wonderful experience it was going to be I would have gone a long time ago. I learned so much and came home with a new energy to be a mom, wife and nurturer for my family. I want to go every year!!!


The girls that I flew with, drove with, laughed with, talked with, roomed with, and really enjoyed being with. (LtoR - LindseyB, Velvet, SarahB, CarolineL and Me)


My wonderful sisters (SIL's). I didn't get to hang out with them as much as I would have liked to, maybe next year!!


This year our new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson spoke at Women's Conference. What a wonderful man he is. I have had a testimony that we truly have a Prophet that speaks to God and gives us modern revelation but hearing him speak in person and feeling of his Spirit strengthened my testimony in so many ways. I will never forget the feeling I felt as he walked into the room. The women in the audience began singing We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet, a song I have sung many times, but for the first time the song came to life for me. I could hardly sing, being so overcome with emotion. As he spoke to us I felt his love for each of us and our families. He joked and laughed and let us know that he is a real person. When he left the building I felt sad to see him go and didn't want that Spirit to leave, he turned in a circle and made sure to wave to all of us before he left. I write this down so I will never forget the feelings I felt that day. I want my children to know that I do have a testimony that we have a Prophet that speaks to us. He leads and guides us, shows us the way we should go. He helps us to know the choices we should make so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have and I hope that I can help my children gain their own testimonies and to feel that Spirit that I have felt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great conference. He is a remarkable man. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Mauzy Fam said...

I'm going next year for sure!!

Shepherds said...

Glad you girls had a good time. So sad I couldn't make it. :(

Kari said...

what an awesome conference to attend! i've never been. i hope to go someday!thanks for your thoughts!