Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer is here!

In our house summer begins the day the kiddos get out of school, not the actual first day of summer, which is not until June 21st. Well the kids got out of school yesterday, May 22nd, and I was able to go to their classrooms and spend some time with them on their last day. Thanks Tamra for watching the little ones for me. The last day is always a play day and they had parties, pizza, games and goodies. I also managed to snap a picture of the kids and their teachers so they will never forget, as I have forgotten mine.

Brock and Ms. Clayton - Third Grade

Brock's crazy class - only 8 girls, the rest boys!!

Kenley and Mrs. Dede - First Grade

Enjoying the Pizza

Two of Kenley's closest friends this year - Hayden Stewart and Sydney Kimball

Because it is summer and the kids tend to get a little lazy, I thought that we could still use some structure. So, Tamra and I made up this chore chart. It is all based on free agency and their will to earn a prize. They get to move their star every time they do their morning chores and their dishes chore. That equals two moves a day. Once they get to the finish line = the red star, they get to pick from the treasure box. If they make it to the finish line 3 times they then get to go to the store and pick a prize. We hope that this will motivate them to keep things picked up but that they will know that they have a choice. I'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

Tom & Lindsey said...

So I am loving all the new changes on your blog. You need to teach me a few more things sometime. I am loving the chore chart too. I have to figure something out for the summer.

Anonymous said...

thats funny!There are nine boys in my class and eighteen girls!

Clayton and Niki said...

i love your new blog! i have been looking for a cute new background that looks beachy for summer. i love the one you found. :)

Crys said...

happy birthday to you too! i love your new blog look. very summery. makes me want to go to the beach.

Heidi said...

Be glad your kids are on a traditional schedule. We have year round school and it is NOT fun. The kids only get 3 weeks for summer. Of course.... some people would think that was great...I am not one of them.

Kari said...

great idea for chores! Ive been trying to come up with something for my kiddos too. Can't wait to hear how it all goes! :) and little Embry is so darn cute!

thebigcookiefam said...

I love your music on your blog! i want to just sit and listen to you music all night. great choices!

Castle Family said...

What a great idea with the chore chart! Can't wait to see what fun stuff you do this summer, you always have so much fun with your kiddos! Well, the lens I bought for my camera is a cheapo 50mm. It's a manual focus so it takes some getting used to. But it has a really low f-stop, 1.8. I love the blurry backgroud look. I have a Nikon, but I know they make them for Cannons too. What kind of camera do you have? There's this blog that I love, www.mamarazzischool.com they give all kinds of picture taking tips. Check it out! :)