Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sooo... My computer is on the blink! Literally, it turns on, I try to log on and it turns itself off and then back on again, in a blink. AHHHHH, I can hardly stand it. I know this sounds horrible but I feel like my computer is my life-line. I blog, pay bills, handle all my RS secretary calling business (which is a ton), discovered facebook (new development) and am loving it, and check emails, which are numerous. I can handle not doing most of those things until I get it fixed, but all my Relief Society stuff really can't be put on hold. I am really having anxiety about this. Hopefully within the week I'll have it fixed and be back to work, organizing away as the secretary. In the meantime I have the laptop to keep connected with the world and check my emails. Can't promise any pictures, they are all on my computer, I only hope I can retrieve them and that not all is lost. Any advice from computer experts would be greatly appreciated.

The worst thing of all is that Dustin had been telling me for weeks to back up all my stuff, he had a feeling that the computer was going to crash. Well my lesson has been learned, always listen to your husband! And I will always back up my stuff. Especially my pictures!

19 comments:

jen said...

Oh Amy I know the feeling. My computer is my total life line...I spend way to much time on it actually. LOL! HOpe yours is on the mend soon. BTW did you guys get new family pictures?? I ADORE the big one in the middle of your header. So dang cute and that light is sooo pretty! See you in a few days.

Crys said...

I am paranoid about losing pictures. we have a portable hard drive they are on and i always transfer them to a photoworks or shutterfly or something too just in case. good luck. technology is so wonderful and heart breaking too when it doesn't work right.

love the pictures too at the top!

Shepherds said...

SO HAPPY FOR THE NEW BABY!! YAY!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new "pumpkin!" When are you due?

Van and Rhonda said...

Well, it is about time you shared your news with the world!! Hope your feeling good now Miss Amy. What did Jenni mean on her answer on your blog. "I ADORE the big one in the middle of your header. So dang cute and that light is sooo pretty! See you in a few days" Did she not get your header?? I am confused! I love you Amy and hope your computer works soon. Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

that IS frustrating, what a mess. my advice.....
buy a MAC! :) ha ha

P.S. cute blog and i'm so excited about the news!!!!

TJ and LaChae Booth said...

I have a love/hate relationship with my computer as well. I am sorry about yours...I totally understand. But, love the new header of course! So exciting, how are you feeling now? ps: I am not a computer person, what is facebook? Do tell. lachae

Shantelle said...

Congrats on the new pumpkin. I suspected at lunch the other day. I just should have asked. When are you due? So happy for your family.

Jenn said...

Oh, someone already stole my comment..... Get a Mac! You'll never go back. :) Congrats on the lil' pumpkin!

Debbie said...

Yay, on congrats on the newest addition coming. Hope you're feeling well, or at least okay.
Sorry to hear about the computer troubles, it can be SO frustrating!

tHe WaRnEr FaMiLy said...

Amy, I told you I'm a blogger, anyway, Bob Reisner is good with computers, and he loves to help with things like that, you might ask him for some help with the computer if you haven't fixed it yet.
Sean

Lorri said...

Congratulations on the baby news! How are you feeling?

Spencer and Caroline Family said...

Congrats on the new baby! If you are still having computer issues, Spencer is a wiz....call me.

RonJohn said...

Yea ~ baby #5, what are you hopin' for a girl or boy? congrats

kellyjbrown said...

WHAT, WHAT??? A new little bun in the oven, congratulations! How far along are you?

Crys said...

hey- i went to kari's blog. so familiar. the best thing you can do is constantly follow them and be a supporter. sometimes words of love make all the difference on a bad day. thanks for telling me about them. and are you pregnant again?

Crys said...

okay i am dumb. i just realized the pumpkin was not just for fall! duh! congratulations- very cool.

Van and Rhonda said...

GET YOUR COMPUTER FIXED!!! I MISS READING YOUR BLOGS!! GOTTA SEE THE KIDDOS IN THEIR COSTUMES! LOVE MOM

Kelly said...

AMY!!!!!!!!! Yeahhhh! I am so happy for you guys! I cant wait to tell Travis! You have got to let me know how far along you are! Cause I have been asking you when your were going to have another one! So Im sure you have known for a while now!! Tell Dustin good job!! :) We love ya guys!