Sunday, September 7, 2008

At church today we were told that Matt Bachrach one of our ward members was killed in a car accident. I didn't know him very well, mostly I knew of his beautiful music. I am so sad for his family, his wife (expecting their third child) and his two little boys. I also feel extremely grateful.
Grateful for my family, for my sweet children who teach me patience, love, to be young, gratitude, how to have fun, that it's okay if you don't match, and if you skip one bath life still goes on. I'm so grateful for my husband who loves me no matter what, helps with the kids all the time, works so hard, misses me when he's gone, loves ice cream, loves our kids to pieces, teaches me to always be positive, to relax and enjoy life and shows me the beauty of the world around me. I am grateful for a support system, in family, in church, and in friends. I am grateful for the knowledge that I will live with my family for eternity. I am grateful that I can pray to a Heavenly Father that will listen and answer.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Amy, Today @ church was very sad!! I did not know the Bachrach's that well either. I just know them from our ward family, and say hi passing in the hall! But I feel great sadness for the Brenda and her boys!and for her sweet husband that has passed.Being pregnant and dealing with all of what she is must be the hardest thing. I can not even begin to imagine! I too am great full for my family, and will truley live everyday like it could be our last day together! You are so sweet for posting about this! Love, Kelly

the bates motel said...

hieee! i saw your blog add off kari's. so yeah, now i now your link. you are so cute. and thanks for sharing your "grateful" for the day. when things like this happen i can't get them off my mind (ie christian & stephanie also), but it really does make me SO grateful for what i have and to remember to let the small things go. and just LOVE my family, cause you just never know.

p.s.
love the blog background (savanna has wallpaper in her room just like it :)!

Van and Rhonda said...

Amy ~ I am so sorry to hear about that family. How sad! And yes it makes you stop and think that we need to enjoy everyday with our families. Life is way to short to worry about the things that are not that important. I will say a special pray tonight for that family. I want you to know that I love you and love that you are such an example to your kids and to everyone you come in contact with. You are a wonderful daughter!

TJ and LaChae Booth said...

I feel like a lot of sad things are happening lately! But I appreciate what you are saying about being grateful! More and more I just think about what is most important and how I need to live every day the best I can! We are sure thankful for you and your family too!

Anonymous said...

Amy- Matt & Brenda were in my ward before they moved into yours. My heart breaks for Brenda and her sweet boys. Harley was Brigham's very first real babysitter. Matt was so gifted with his music and always willing to share his talents. We have one of his CDs and love it.
I too am so grateful for all my blessings. This kind of thing really makes you stop and remember how blessed we truly are.