Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE TODAY...

Coming home from the gym to Dustin making blueberry muffins for breakfast! Yummy my favorite!
Dustin creating a new Olympic sport... getting all water bottle ice cubes out of the tray with out breaking a single one. His score... a perfect 10.
The kids out gigin' frogs in the backyard before school. We are now the proud owners of 11 baby frogs.
Brother and Sister walking side by side to the bus stop.
Brody wanting to take a picture of his Mama and his sweet baby sister.

Dustin excited to take me hunting with him, out packing everything so I didn't have to do a thing. He thought of everything, a portable shower, my favorite candy, stuff to read, all my bathroom stuff, a light to read my book in the early morning hours when the sun isn't even up yet, clothes to keep me warm. He's even washing all his hunting stuff so it smells nice and pretty for me. I'd venture to say he hasn't been this excited since our wedding night!
Brody and Kenley hiding before scriptures. I didn't see them until I sat on the couch and called them to come for scriptures. Then I smiled of course and ran to get the camera.
Dustin thinking it was funny and adding all the kiddos to the decor.
And little Miss E doing her best to recite the 1st Article of Faith, learning from the example of her brothers and sister.
Being grateful... I am grateful that my older three can all say the first 3 Articles of Faith, we're working on four now. That Embry wants to follow their example. That I had so many things to smile about today. That Dustin is going to tell the kiddos that we should let our 11 pet frogs go so they don't die. I'm grateful that it's raining, man I love the rain. I love the smell, the overcast days, the frogs...as long as they say outside, I love the rain. I am grateful that I can go to the gym and run, run, run, all my stress away. Well at least it's gone for a few hours. I am grateful to spend 7 days with Dustin in the mountains, reading, talking, hunting, laughing and just being us!

7 comments:

Martha said...

Amy,
I love your "grateful" blogging idea. It is really nice to read what you have posted; it is uplifting & inspiring!
You're little family is adorable!
Take care & have fun on your hunting trip!
~Martha Bigler

kellyjbrown said...

I love your last several posts, it is ALWAYS good to be reminded of being grateful for all the little things that make it a wonderful life. I love that Dustin is so excited to take you hunting, E's darling pictures in the flower crown melt my heart! Thanks for making me smile so much! Love ~ KB

the bates motel said...

cute grateful things! love the pic of the kids all in the entertainment center! have a fun hunting trip and w/o any kids! how fun for you guys!

Kari said...

What a cute mommy you are! Love that you have frogs in your backyard! I hope you have fun on your hunting trip. That's so fun how excited Dustin is. You go girl!

Crys said...

oh my gosh- those kids in the shelving is awesome. i love it!! it is fun to see all your play times.

{jennifer} said...

Have fun hunting for 7 days - wow are you wife of the year or what!:)

Mary Taylor said...

Cute post! You are my hero for not passing out over the frogs!! Have fun hunting :)