Monday, September 22, 2008

The time has come


I said goodbye to my baby brother yesterday for two years. He's off to serve a mission in Mexico. He doesn't actually report to the MTC until October 8th, but our family will be in Rocky Point when they come through here on their way to Utah. We all got together in Sierra Vista at my parents home for a going away party. We had a beautiful evening in their gorgeous front yard. The kids loved running free and getting into the soda and water buckets full of ice water, or in little E's case the chips and salsa also. It's so great to see what a wonderful family you have when they all pull together to support each other. He had so many people come to hear him talk at church and to wish him well on his mission, some from really far distances for a very short time. That's when you know you're loved. Here's just some of the people that love Clay...
We'll miss you Clay but be with you every step of the way!
Return with Honor!

4 comments:

RonJohn said...

oh i wish i could have been there. love the pic of all the kids. how did you guys get that shot???
ps love the center picture in your header, so cute.

Kelly said...

Amy, It looked like you had a good time hunting! You are such a good wife! I love your new layout too! Super cute! Hope you are doing well. -Kelly Scott

Clayton and Niki said...

Our little Clay, it's still so wierd to me that he's leaving. Cute Pics! I LOVE the new blog layout and header. Super cute!
Love you.

Van and Rhonda said...

Thank you Amy for always being so quick to put stuff on your blog. I love what you wrote and the pictures you put on there. It all made me cry! I wish your mom could be better about blogging. I love your new heading. The pictures of the kids are awesome. Love you Amy! Have fun in Rocky Point.