Wednesday, September 19, 2007

GROWN-UP STUFF

Okay... I've been going back and forth about telling this story, so today I told it to Dustin and he said that I had to blog it. While Dustin was hunting this last week the kids and I started a tradition. They would take turns sleeping in bed with me. The first night was Kenley's turn and she followed me all around the house until I was ready to go to bed. She even followed me into the bathroom. In the bathroom she saw a tampon and asked what it was. I explained to her in fairly basic terms what they were used for, how they worked and that one day she would use them. When we were done talking I told her that I loved her and if she had any other questions she could ask any time. Well the next day I received a note from her teacher about her reading level (It was a good letter by the way) and wanted to tell her I was proud of her so I said to her "Kenley I need to talk to you about something" and to that she replied "Mom, please don't talk to me about that grown-up stuff again". I laughed so hard. What a funny little girl I have. What is she going to say when I try to talk to her about the "birds and the bees"?

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

That is hilarious!! You never know what you're going to get with that girl!

Jenn said...

Funny stuff. I LOVE your layout; good thing I can copy off someone creative like you and Tamra so mine looks cute too! :)

Kari said...

That's a funny story! I would be so afraid of the "girly stuff" talk. It sounds like you handled it like a pro!