Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SISTERS

I have the greatest sisters in the world. Tuesday's are always my day that I dread. I have a crazy schedule and can't get everyone where they need to be and be where I need to be also. I have had to rely on my sisters to help me out. If anyone knows me, they know that I don't like to be a burden to anyone. It feels like in the last 7 months I have been a huge burden to many people. Living with my in-laws, having a calling that requires that I find a sitter for my kids once a week and registering three of my children in soccer, therefore, not making it possible to get each of them to their practices on time without assistance. What was I thinking? Today I feel really blessed to have such a wonderful family. Tenay takes and picks up Brock from piano every Tuesday for me so that I can be at scouts and takes Brock to soccer practice so that I can pick Kenley up from music. Heather takes Kenley to practice so she won't be late while I'm finishing up Brody's practice. Kirsi prints off my scout news letter for me and brings it home so that I can fulfill my calling. Karissa is so willing to cut my kiddos hair and pick up any hair product for me at a great price. Christine plays with Embry and Brody when I'm getting ready for the day and is so willing to watch them when I run to pick up Brock and Kenley from school. LaChae is so sweet and never forgets any of my kids birthdays. Tamra takes me in every other Thursday when I am homeless because the cleaning lady is coming, not to mention, she is so willing to watch my kiddos even if it means she has to come to my house. Niki will call me to tell me the desk I've been dreaming about getting from Potterybarn is on craigslist for half the price and in great condition, then brings me the cash to pay for it when I don't have time to go to the bank. (I paid her back of course) These are all things that have happened in the past few days that made me realize what great sisters I have. I am such a lucky girl! Thank you so much for all you do for me and my family. I only hope that I can be half the sister to you that you all are to me. I love you guys!

8 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

The main reason so many people do wonderful things for you is because you do wonderful things for us! Of course things are crazy right now - they'll get better when your not homeless anymore. We do it because we love you - and your family!!

Clayton and Niki said...

Awwwww! You're so sweet! You know I'd do anything for you! You know what I was thinking today....I MISS YOU! It feels like we haven't really "hung out" in a while. You know that I'm always free, so it's your crazy schedule we need to work around! ;) Call me so we can play! Love you!!!

Kari said...

Wow Amy, what a schedule! Aren't sisters great? Sounds like you have a very helpful and supportive family. That's so wonderful. Hey, put me on your list of babysitters for your day at scouts so you don't have to pay anyone. I'd love to watch your kids anytime! Caleb & Gunner love having friends over!

Mauzy Fam said...

What happened to your header? I want to see your cute kids in the pool.

Anonymous said...

Amez, you ARE so sweet. You are such a great mom, sister, and friend. People always ask me about how I can handle being so close to my in law family. I always tell them, it is impossible to not love someone that is always serving you. We are always there for each other and I'm so grateful for that, especially since my side of the family is scattered all over the globe. I love them no matter what, and as the old school song goes, "We are family!"
Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

ok, about I'm commenting on Brody's letter practice with you....I love that the letter T says, "chuga chuga choo choo!" hilarious! You've got to love those moments.

Shepherds said...

You are to cute! :)

Mauzy Fam said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!! It is so adorably cute! Where did you get it? Not from shabby tulips. Now I get how the adorable sepia pictures on the side go so well. I knew you had something up your sleeve. Wanna design my blog now?