Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things

Routines, Schedules, Bedtimes, Homework, Mom time, Organizing, the list could go on and on of all the things that I love about back to school time.


Now all the things I don't love about back to school, Routines, Schedules, Bedtimes, Homework, Organizing and there are many more (did you notice I left out Mom time? I really do like that one).

I have had such mixed emotions about sending my kiddos back to school, I have really enjoyed having them around. They make life so fun, interesting, spontaneous, energetic, silly, and enjoyable. I've been watching the clock all day, because I can't wait to hear how their first day went but also because I'm afraid I'll forget to pick them up! I love that summer allows us to go when we want, stay when we want, go to bed early or late, get up early or late and just be with each other. Well, I'm sure I'll get used to having them gone again and this will be normal but until then here's some sweet first-day-of-school pictures of my kiddos (I've been looking at them all day)...

Brody starts preschool next week so I have to miss another kid three days a week. Embry's gonna love having Mama all to herself!

4 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

They look so big and grown up!...and adorable of course. You're so lucky to be able to be a mom to your cute kiddos. I love them.

Van and Rhonda said...

Oh my word! They look really grown up for some reason. It hasnt' been that long since I have been down to see them but they look like they grew up 5 years. Brock you are so handsome the girls better look out and Kenley what a beautiful young lady. I LOVE your hair. Brodster tell mom to take a picture of you on your first day. The picture of all 3 walking together is precious. Before you know it Embry will be tagging along so you better get busy Amy or your are going to have empty nest syndrome sooner than you think :) Love you guys can't wait until Saturday. What a big day for us as a family.

Anonymous said...

so cute. and look, they're standing in front of YOUR home, your dream home. the one they will be standing in front of for most of their school years. how fun. good luck in school kids! you will do great! :)

Jenn said...

Wow, your kids go back to school so early! They do look really old to me in those pictures. In a cute way!