Thursday, August 7, 2008

A date with Dad

Dustin called me this afternoon to tell me he had tickets to the Cardinal game tonight and was wondering if I wanted to go. I had a mandatory Let's Play Music meeting for Kenley and was not able to go so I suggested he take Kenley since her birthday is tomorrow. The game started at 5pm so he rushed home so he could be here when she got home from school. He went out to meet her and told her they were going on a date. She came inside grinning and ready to go. Then she asked where they were going...

Dustin: "A football game!"
Kenley: "A FOOTBALL GAME? I don't want to go!"
Dustin: "You don't want to go, why not?"
Kenley: "I don't like football."
Dustin: "But you get to go with just me and we get to have snacks and go to dinner after."
Kenley: "I'm not going!"
This went on for a good 5 minutes until I said, why don't you take someone else. Kenley was completely happy with that. We then decided that Brody had never been to a game with Dad so he would be the one to go! He was so excited and ran so fast to get his shoes on! They got to go to a pre-season game in the new stadium. Brody had a blast having daddy all to himself. I really think Kenley missed out. She only wants to do girly things, where did she get that from? NOT ME! Maybe she will see how much fun Brody had and want to take a turn next time! (We won't talk about the crazy traffic that they had to sit in and that it took them two hours to get there and two hours to get home.)

1 comment:

{jennifer} said...

I was there last night with Sean and the traffic WAS totally out of control. I told Sean he can take a friend from now on because I can only waste 6 hours of my day every so often:) It looks like a perfect father and son date!