Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MY little GIRL IS GROWING UP


This Sunday night when I put little Embry to bed she didn't ask for her NaNa (pacifier) so I didn't give it to her. I've been struggling with the idea of taking it away, cause I don't want her to grow up, but I also don't want her to be 4 and still have a pacifier. Well she did just fine, went to bed without a peep, slept through the night just fine, didn't wake up in the morning asking for it, nothing. I thought this is great, no guilt for me, this is going to be easy! The next day I was putting her down for a nap and she said to me "Mama, where NaNa?", my heart just about broke in two, hearing her sweet little voice asking for the comfort item she had since she was born. Again I have an inner struggle, do I stick to my guns and not give it to her or do I give in and let her have it for a few more months, 2 is not too old, right? Well, I stuck to my guns and told her "NaNa all gone" and she lifted her hands in the air and said "NaNa all gone".

She really has been doing so good. Now when I take her to bed she says to me "Mama NaNa all gone?" and I say "Yep, NaNa all gone". She seems to be okay with it, she gets a little sad when I put her to bed and cries a little but she falls right to sleep. She's getting to be such a big girl, I can hardly believe it, it happens way to fast!

1 comment:

shelice said...

Dustin Johnson? You probably don't remember me, but I stumbled across your family blog (probably your wife's). Just wanted to say hi and that you have a beautiful family.